Exmoor Teddy Bears Privacy Notice
Exmoor Teddy Bears
58B The Avenue
Tel: +44 (0)1643 702333
We are committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how we protect it.
What personal data do we collect?
If you contact us via this web site we will only use the information provided to respond to your message and to improve our service to you.
We maintain web site server logs which record visitor information including IP address, browser type, platform type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages and date/time stamp. This information is used to analyse visitor trends and improve our service to you.
If requested by yourself we will collect your e mail address to e mail you a receipt for your purchase, your email address will not be used for any other purpose.
If placing an order with us we will collect the following details from you:- name / address / email address / telephone number / details of products ordered. This information is required to process and dispatch your order. If you are a member of our Gold Club, in addition, we will maintain a record of your purchases and will use the information to inform you of new products that maybe suitable.
Why we collect this information and the legal basis for handling your data
We use personal data bout you in order to provide an online receipt service, online purchasing service, marketing service. This includes using your data to:
- Manage orders
- Contact you in relation to your order
- Dispatch your order
- Notify you of new products and keep you updated on product launches - estimated at no more than 4 times a year
- Keep you updated on information relating to our opening hours
- E mail a receipt
- Respond to your questions
- Updates via our Facebook, Twitter and You Tube channels where you have followed us
The legal basis for processing your order is a contract basis however, we will request your consent for marketing purposes. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who we share your data with
- Banking services to process card payments and or direct faster payments
- Postage and courier services to dispatch and deliver your order
- Sherborne Web Design - data processor who manages our website
We will never share your data with any other organisation to use for their own purposes.
How do we protect your data?
We protect unauthorised access to your personal data and prevent it from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed by:
- Your data is held on our fully secure and encrypted web site and access to it is password protected
- Only employees and the owner of Exmoor teddy bears will have access
- If an employee leaves their sign on is deleted so they will no longer have access
How long do we retain your data?
Your data is kept for as long as you are a member of our Gold Club or one year after your order has completed if you are not a member of our Gold Club
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- Request access, amend or correct your personal data
- Request that we delete or stop processing your personal data e.g. where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing or you do not wish us to use your data for marketing purposes
- Request the data that we hold about you and re-use this data for your own purposes
If you wish to exercise any of these rights at any time or if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this privacy notice, or how we handle your data please contact us. If you continue to have concerns about the way your data is handled and remain dissatisfied after raising your concerns with us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or ico.org.uk/
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under regular review. You will be notified of any changes where appropriate.
If you wish to block this functionality please see your browser's help pages for further information.